Many people ask, “What will I feel during a distant Reiki attunement?” There really is no one answer to this question, there are so many variables and possibilities! Even people who, like myself, have received many, many attunements still have different experiences.
What you will experience can change depending on your situation, the environment you are in, your physical and emotional state, the particular energy you are receiving, etc. So, for example, if you are in a very calm, relaxed state the energies are going to flow more easily to you than if you are feeling nervous or anxious.
You can take steps to ensure that whatever you do feel during a distant attunement is the best experience for you;
- Avoid eating a heavy meal, drinking alcohol, taking drugs before a Reiki attunement.
- Make sure you feel “good”. If you have been unwell, are very tired, or are emotionally troubled, it is best to wait until you feel better.
- Make sure you won’t be disturbed during the attunement-having your mobile phone ring half way through will certainly spoil the whole experience!
- Make sure you have time for the attunement. Don’t cram it in and need to be somewhere else soon after. If you try and rush the energies the experience will be weakened.
- Take the time to prepare your space, clear the area, create sacred space. There are more ideas on how to do this in the blog post Room Energy Clearing and Cleansing.
- Relax, light some candles, burn some incense, play some gentle music.
- Make sure you are warm and comfortable
- Before you begin the attunement clearly state your intention to receive the energy.
If you follow the above tips you will ensure that what you feel during the attunement is exactly what you should feel. Whilst these tips can’t guarantee a mind blowing experience, they will help ensure the situation is perfect for you to receive the energies in whatever way is right for you.
So, “What will I feel during a distant Reiki Attunement?” Many people feel a wide variety of things, some people feel nothing at all-this is perfectly normal. Some possible feelings you may experience include:
-deep calm and peace
-a warm sensation
– a cold sensation
-receive messages, symbols, new ideas or solutions
-connection with guides, beings of light
-a wave of love
-a release of energies, usually energies that no longer serve you
-a feeling of connection to all that is
-emotional, this can be happiness, or sometimes the need to cry
-dream like experiences
-a feeling of floating
-a feeling of heaviness
-a powerful wave of energy
-a deeper knowing and understanding
The list goes on! There are so many things that you may or may not feel. The important thing is not to worry or concern yourself with what you feel or don’t feel, but to allow the energies to flow to you freely and know that you are receiving an energy attunement regardless of what you experience. Relax and enjoy whatever comes.
You may also like to read How to receive a Distant Attunement.